Brute Force Magnetic Separation
IMT Suspended Electromagnets
Innovative Magnetic Technologies Inc.’s Suspended Electromagnetic Separators and Electromagnetic Cross Belt / Overband Separators provide industry with powerful, cost effective, and dependable magnetic protection for large processing / production applications for industries such as Mining, Pulp Mills, Mineral Processing, Sawmills, Biomass, Recycling and Aggregate.
Defend valuable size reduction equipment such as Crushers, Grinders, Chippers, Mulchers, Presses, Hogs, and Hammermills while providing a metal free product.
IMT’s Electromagnetic Separators are available in many configurations, sizes, and strengths to meet the most demanding industrial applications. The electromagnetic forces provide exceptional reach out for the continuous and effective removal of unwanted tramp metal.
Suspended Electromagnet Applications
IMT’s Suspended Electromagnetic Separators are available in many configurations, sizes, and strengths to meet the most demanding industrial applications. Electromagnets are best suited for applications with:
- Deep Burden Depths
- Heavy Bulk Densities
- High belt speed
- Entrapped tramp metal within conveyed product
- Extraction of large tramp metal such as bucket teeth
Suspended electromagnet cross belt/overband separators are particularly suited for heavy tramp volume as the cross belt configuration continuously cleans the magnet face.
- Self Cleaning – self contained belt removes tramp from magnets surface
- Easily retrofitted, Simple installation – permanent magnet requires no electricity
- Constant power – permanent magnet requires no electricity
- Low maintenance – avoid shutdowns and unplanned events
Cross Belt Separators are used in the magnetic separation of ferrous materials from products to ensure a safe, metal free output. These powerful magnets are usually installed above conveyor belts, and draw the unwanted metals upwards and away from the conveyor belt to allow for uncontaminated production.
Suspended Electromagnet Features
IMT Suspended Electromagnets are built to withstand harsh environments and varying climates with its advanced cooling design. Be wary of air cooled electromagnets which are prone to overheating which results in poor magnetic field strength, potential tramp metal loss and downstream equipment damage.
Standard Electromagnet Features:
- Magnet coil wound with Class R 220°C/428°F insulated aluminum wire
- Coil immersed in transformer grade coolant oil
- Multiple port options for Pressure Relief Valve grants flexibility when suspending in different arrangements
- Internal expansion tank allows for coolant expansion under hot conditions
- Meets/exceeds Canadian,USA, and International standards (Approved)
- Standard Lifting Lugs
- Stainless Steel Nameplate
- All Electromagnets are rigorously tested at hot operating temperature at IMT’s production facility to ensure quality workmanship and maximum performance
- Stocked 36”, 48”, and 54” for swift delivery
- Standard Models up to 84”, larger custom models available
- NEMA4X Available
- Insulated transformer construction
- Convection Cooled
- Full Wave Bridge
- Thermal Mechanical Starter
- Thermal Overloads
- DC Ammeter & Voltmeter
Quality at the Core
Quality control plays a critical role in all aspects and is a system set in place to help maintain standards in IMT’s manufacturing process.
Custom design, fabrication and assembly involves multiple processes; it is critical to have well-documented quality control procedures. IMT operates an in-house quality assurance program following materials and components from receipt of delivery through fabrication to final product ensuring the highest quality standards are met.